By the Spirit of God
Workers for the Harvest
- There is a need.
- There is a plan.
- We are the builders.
Jesus had a great ministry, of course.
- He met their needs.
- He told them the plan.
- He build the Kingdom.
The Compassion of Jesus
35 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
Coming up to Thanksgiving I want to remind everyone how grateful I am for workers at this Church!
- A lot of great things happen at this church because people are willing to work and serve and to invest in each other.
- Every big project needs workers, people willing to commit to a cause.
- Illustration: The DavisRetirementCenter
Jesus had a great vision: to save the world.
- Have you ever come to the end of the work day and wonder how there can still be so much more work to be done?
- I think Jesus had that same feeling after two chapters of work there were still multitudes of people in need.
- Something that really touched my heart was at the end of all Jesus work, when He saw the people; He looked at His disciples and asked for help.
- If Jesus is asking for help you know this is a big project.
- Illustration: we don’t have to look very hard to find work.
Jesus is looking for workers who are sent by God.
- He doesn’t just want any warm body to receive the harvest.
- Illustration: Davis Retirement Center I became a boss.
- Workers who are sent by God have some great qualities.
Workers who are sent by God see through the Lord’s eyes.
- Do you ever see people as sheep or wheat waiting for a shepherd or to be brought into the Kingdom of God?
- Do you ever see people as possible citizens of Heaven?
- Do you see people and think that maybe there is a chance of salvation?
Workers who are sent by God are moved by compassion.
- Do we look at people and say they deserve what they get OR God is willing to give them a better life?
- Do we look at people and see the spiritual needs rather than the outward appearances?
- Do we look at people and think of ways to serve them?
Workers sent by God are lead by the Spirit of God.
- Psalms 127:1 Unless theLord builds the house,They labor in vain who build it;
- This doesn’t mean to wait for God to build the house or take the harvest or bring them to the Shepherd.
- Jesus had the disciples pray for workers so they would feel God’s heart and be moved by compassion.
- Every good project has blueprints, workers and a foreman.
Jesus knew that this work of harvesting could only be done by people lead by the Holy Spirit – He was lead by the Holy Spirit.
- Only the Spirit of God will allow us to see HIS HARVEST.
- Only the Spirit of God will move us with HIS compassion.
- Only the Spirit of God will complete HIS ministry.