December 27, 2015 – Pastor Matt James – “The Daily Journey”
Text: Matthew 2:1-12
Worshiping Jesus is a life-long venture, start in the Word.
Illustration: Finding baby Jesus in the bread.
Being a Christian means we need to make a daily search for the Lord.
- Someone told the Magi to watch for the sign of Jesus.
- We need to make a good search for the Lord in the Scriptures so that our journey will be successful.
Our search for Jesus might get a little uncomfortable but we are not alone.
- They went on a several month long journey through difficult places.
- They went on a several month long journey together.
- Hebrews 10:23-25 Let us…
A religious search for Jesus is not good enough it must be a personal journey.
- The religious people knew where He was but didn’t search for Him.
- The Magi were overjoyed when THEY found Jesus!
- The Magi brought gifts to honor Him but they went to worship Him. Mt. 2:2 & 11
- Our journey to Christ should be obvious to everyone.
On our journey for Christ let the miracles be miracles.
- They saw the star and followed it to the house where Jesus was. What? That was called a miracle.
- The older I get the more I see the miracles. Who got me here? Jesus.
- I’ve heard of other miracles done in other countries by missionaries and in our country by men and women of God.
- God does miracles when God wants to glorify Himself.
The Journey for Christ builds our faith in Him and reduces our fear of men.
- The world will tell us which way we should go on our journey to meet God but only God has that right.
- I know I’m listening to the right voice when the Word I find every morning helps me every day.
- The Word sends me in a direction that I know will lead me all the way home.
Mt. 10:22 Stay on course…
- We are on our journey with God, to God and for God.
You must be logged in to post a comment.