Text: Romans 14:13-18
Thriving on God’s provisions of righteousness, peace and joy.
A little bit of our sinful nature can go a long way in destroying unity in the family.
God has called us out from the darkness into His Kingdom of light to know His glory, to receive all of His good blessings and to share them with those around us. He has called us to a banquet prepared by His goodness and our lives will thrive if we remain at His table.
It’s the righteousness of Christ that brings us into the Kingdom of God.
- We cannot judge each other because we all have the righteousness of Christ.
- God prepares the table for us and puts only good things on it. Ps 23:5
- The enemy prepares a table of evil for us and we are guilty of eating from it!
- Don’t major on disputable matters such as eating, drinking, smoking, gambling… arguing over these matters is exactly what the enemy wants.
- Help those caught in big sins like adultery, causing divisions, doubt, hate, abuse…
The conversation of the Kingdom is filled with the Peace Christ brings.
- Christ came to reconcile us to God so why cause each other to stumble in our faith?
- Our whole life should be centered on the peace that Christ brings: 2 Cor. 5:18-21.
- We were dirty fish caught by grace so we should sit around and talk about the fish stories of how you and I came to find peace in Christ.
- In Luke 2:14 the angels declared, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”
- There are enough problems in the world so we should be constantly looking for way to bring the peace of God into this world.
- Are we going to be able to look back at all the times God was at work in our lives?
There is no greater joy than to know that our life is pleasing to God.
- The reason God gives us His Holy Spirit is so that we can fully enjoy the salvation Christ brings.
- There is such great joy as we continue following the Holy Spirit in the wisdom and knowledge of the scriptures.
- The joy of the Lord is contagious so be joyful!
- The Lord wants us to be joyful like He is joyful.
- Help us remember that You are the reason we sit at Your table.
- Help us to bring peace to our conversations with others.
- Help us to have Your joy in our hearts.