When I gave my life back to the Lord at 21 there was such a great awareness in my heart of God’s love that telling people about Jesus became the priority of my life.
- People in need
- Church and youth
- Not that successful
- Jim is a good evangelist
God has always wanted people to know Him and to be like Him. He created us in His image and has been involved in our lives right from the beginning. All creation proclaims His goodness and His Word confirms it.
Paul is passionate about the Gospel. He has given up everything to be the Apostle to the Gentiles. Preaching the gospel to the world we can see that Paul had the heart of God.
Text: Romans 10:14-21
Paul has caught onto God’s vision to bring the good news to the entire world.
- From God’s point of view giving up His Son to save the world is the most important event since creation.
- But the purpose has always been the same; that we would be like Him.
The faith that comes from God has two elements; our salvation and our sanctification.
- By faith we believe and are saved for eternity with God. From this point on we are His children. John 1:12
- And by faith every day we are made more and more into His image as we allow Him to lead us in all righteousness. 1 Peter 1:14-16
Once we are saved we have some work to do, or maybe better said, to let God do in us.
- God speaks to us in all situations regarding how to maneuver the challenges we face in this world.
- He speaks to us through His Word that gives us life. Matthew 4:4
- He speaks to us by His Spirit that He causes to live inside us. John 16:15
If we go back to Romans, Paul gives us a reverse description of God’s plan to bring His Gospel to the world.
- Don’t we want people to be able to call on God in their need?
- If we want them to believe on God they need to hear about Him.
- Don’t we want someone to preach to them about God?
- And so who is going to be sent to preach so they can be saved?
We don’t need to be preachers to preach the gospel.
- Philippians 2:5-7 Jesus came as a man to serve God so that all would be saved.
- If we want them saved then we will do what Jesus did and serve God.
- A post on FB reads: Well done my good and faithful (pastor, apostle, prophet, teacher, licensed minister, worship leader, etc. all crossed out) servant.
- We need to look at the way Jesus served and do the same things.
If we take on the attitude of Christ then we also take on His image.
- Paul makes a profound connection between the servants of the Gospel and those bringing good news to the captives in Babylon. Isa. 52:7
- If we look at how Christ came to bring the good news to set the captives free by His work on the cross then we also must look at His feet as they were nailed to the cross.
- After the crucifixion the scare remained and as He met with His disciples He brought the good news that salvation has been accomplished for anyone who believes.
- “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Conclusion: God is working in our lives so that we can be known as the people that bring good news!
- God’s greatest desire is that we would be like Him.
- It is a daily work that God is glad to do in our lives.